- How do you know if you’re an entrepreneur?
- How do you stay motivated when business doesn’t go well?
- Should you study entrepreneurship before you start a company?
- How many people have you hired?
- What do you look for in people when you hire them?
- What’s it like to work in a technology startup?
Inspiring 10th Graders to Pursue an Entrepreneurial Career
As a member of the WEF Global Shapers Community Zurich Hub, I recently volunteered at the Zurich International School Career Forum, sharing with Grade 10 students (15-16 year-olds) what it’s like to be an entrepreneur. The Forum let students select their favorite sessions from a total of 26 panels with 46 professionals. John Switzer, Upper School Principal explained about the ZIS Career Forum: „To be able to connect the dots between the academic world and the world of work is important. No doubt the information and advice provided to our Grade 10 students at the Career Forum will help inform their conversations on the various career pathways the world of work offers.“ Students could listen in on career perspectives from fields as diverse as Advertising, Business, Communication to Engineering, Finance, Health, IT, Music, Sport and of course Entrepreneurship. The curiosity and interest from the students was remarkable. Questions in our session included: